dijous, 25 de maig del 2017

SHAKESPEARE SONNET 152

SONNET 152
 
I know I’m breaking a promise by loving you, but you, swearing you love me, are breaking two promises: cheating on your husband by leaving his bed, then breaking your promise to your new lover by vowing to hate him. But why am I accusing you of breaking two oaths when I break twenty? I am perjured the most, because all of my vows are only made to mislead and exploit you; I’m no longer true to you. For I have sworn great oaths about how kind you are, oaths about your love, your faithfulness, your constancy. And to make you look better I blinded myself, swearing to the opposite of what I actually saw. For I have sworn that you are beautiful; my eye is doubly a liar, offering such a foul lie after swearing to tell the truth.
 
 
 Sé que estoy rompiendo una promesa amándote, pero tú, jurando que me amas, estás rompiendo dos promesas: engañar a tu marido dejando su cama, luego rompiendo tu promesa a tu nuevo amante prometiendo odiarlo. Pero ¿por qué te estoy acusando de romper dos juramentos cuando rompo veinte? Estoy perjurado, porque todos mis votos sólo se hacen para engañar y explotar; Ya no soy fiel a ti. Porque he jurado grandes juramentos acerca de lo amables que son, juramentos acerca de su amor, su fidelidad, su constancia. Y para hacerte ver mejor me ciego, jurando lo contrario de lo que vi. Porque he jurado que eres hermosa; Mi ojo es doblemente mentiroso, ofreciendo una mentira tan horrible después de jurar decir la verdad.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada